GAP Loan Program
Down payment Assistance Program For Home Purchases
Q. What are the qualification requirements?
- You must currently either reside or work in San Joaquin County for a minimum of twelve (12) months prior to submitting your application to the county.
- You must not own a home at the time you submit your application.
- You must obtain a 30-year, fixed rate primary loan, with no co-signers, from a lender of your choice.
- Your house payment cannot be greater than 38% of your gross monthly household income.
- Your total debt cannot be greater than 41% of your gross monthly household income.
- You must provide a cash down payment equal to at least 2% of the purchase price. (Gifts, grants, DPA, are ok)
- You must pay off all collections and judgments prior to the close of escrow.
- You must obtain a “Certificate of Completion” from a HUD-approved home buyer class and provide the Certificate to the County prior to the close of escrow.
HUD Approved Home Buyer Training Class
Visionary Home Builders (209) 466-6811
S.T.A.N.D. (209) 937-7625
Service First (209 )644-6300
Neighbor Works (209) 473-4363
Q.Whats the maximum cost of a home that can be purchased using this program?
The most expensive price a home can be when using the program is $488,750
Q. What are the income limits for the program?
You can find family size adjusted income limits and additional information HERE
Q. Do I need to a First Time Homebuyer?
Q. What’s a First Time Homebuyer?
A buyer who hasn’t had ownership interest in the past 3 years.
Fine Print Regarding the County NSP Gap Program
- The loan is secured by a second deed of trust.
- The loan is equal to 10% of the sales price, up to a maximum of $15,000.
- A portion of the loan can be used to pay up to 50% of the closing costs.
- Payments on the loan may be deferred over a 30-year period at 2% interest.
- To secure the loan, the home buyer agrees to:
- Share part of the equity in the home with the County when the home is sold or refinanced
- Occupy the home as their principal residence.Once the home is purchased, there are no further income restrictions.
How can I apply for this program?
Call me (209)474-7111 and I will run credit, pre-qualify, submit to the county, and answer any questions you might have. Before coming into see me pull together the list of items below:
- Two (2) months pay stubs for each applicant as well as any other income in the household
- Six (6) months most-recent bank statements.
- Three (3) years of most recent Federal tax returns and W-2’s.
- Credit report not more than thirty (30) days old.
- Drivers License
- Social Security Card
What areas are covered using this down payment assistance program?
Specific areas vary but the county cover Stockton, Lodi, Manteca, Tracy, Lathrop, Acampo, Linden…..surrounding areas of San Jaquin County. Please check to make sure the it’s outside Stockton city limits (many areas in 95207 are outside city limits)